Box office and rankings
As of 2 October 2006, three-and-a-half weeks after its local commercial release, Singapore Dreaming grossed S$420 000 from the local box office. (Compare this to its S$800 000 production cost.) The producers claim the film to be the highest grossing Singapore film produced in the past eight years not produced by MediaCorp or MediaCorp Raintree Pictures.
Those who still haven't caught the movie.. go buy the VCD in those video ezy store or download it. =x Support la! Veri nice wan.. guranteeded you!
Oh.. as I was reading my hunny bunny's post too.. her sister felt it was unfair. Soon everyone who come to age will realize it.. how we all deal with it.. is different.
I feel guilty.. one of my real close old online cum church friend recently said that he wanted to go back to V&B (Vines & Branches ) .. thats the Church Youth Group I was in back in Secondary School days. I'm kinda curious how it is coping now.. as it was slowly dying in members when I left the group. But, I don't wanna go back as.. I left the group really abruptly.. due to certain reasons (I donno what kind of reactions I'll get when I go back again).. and I kinda told myself not to get commited in Church stuff again.I told him I'm not a churchly person.. he asked: "You got a grudge against God is it?"
I said.. "Kinda, life is unfair.." as my main reason..
Then he told me to watch Bruce Almighty as theres a message I could relate to it.
I'm lazy to download the show n watch.. so I went to Wikipedia to read about it.. here's one conversation between Bruce and God.
- Bruce: How do you make someone love you without affecting their free will?
- God: [snorts] Heh, welcome to my world, son. If you come up with an answer to that one, let me know.
And a second scene over prayers:
- God: You made a mess of things, huh?
- Bruce: I just gave them what they wanted. [Bruce had answered YES to all incoming prayers.] *rofl*
- God: Yeah, but since when does anyone have a clue what they want?
This scene continues with poignant lines in which God allows Bruce to understand the true nature of people's problems and how to resolve them:
- God: Parting your soup is not a miracle, Bruce, it's a magic trick. A single mom who's working two jobs and still finds time to take her kid to soccer practice, that's a miracle. A teenager who says no to drugs and yes to an education, that's a miracle. People want me to do everything for them, and what they don't realize is - they have the power. You want to see a miracle, son? Be the miracle.
Anyway! Please watch this video. AND REPEAL IT!! <== link*
377A .. GAYS FOR THE WIN!!
Singaporean celebrities are rapping for repeal of a law that makes gay sex a criminal offence.
Do your part!! Its just a quick online form where you put your name and email only. I'm number 4142 ^^. Once again.. its www.repeal377a.com .. or click the link above the video!


No comments:
Post a Comment