Sunday, August 31, 2008

6th Book Out

Monday - BAC ( Basic Airborne Course ) Trial Test.

Passed. Pretty simple for me. However, it is just a trial test, somewhere around next week, the Parawing unit people will be coming over to handle our test. It is said they are very strict on the technique used for doing push ups and chin ups. Hmm.

Tuesday - Thursday : Live Firing Range.


Marksman achieved. Achieved 31/32 hits on target. Its freaking too easy to shoot with the SAR21. Too bad theres no monetary bonus for marksman for recruits. Who wouldn't mind 200 dollars extra? As for why Commando Unit always hit above 95% marksman.. I know you know can already. =p

Friday - SOC ( Standard Obstacle Course )Test.

Carry my LBV (Vest with 1litre of water), Helmet and Rifle, Long 4, boots.
Run for an initial 700metres.
Complete an obstacle course of 200metres with 10 stations such as, ( low wall, parallel bars, step over, monkey bar, low rope, balancing beam, balancing bridge, zig zag ladder, gate, jacob's ladder and ramp ).
Run another 600metres to the end point.
Timing - 9.55minutes, Passed.

Saturday - IPPT ( Individual Physical Proficiency Test. )

Shuttle Run - 9.6secs 5points
Chin Up - 14 5points
Sit Up - 45 5points
Standing Broad Jump - 230cm 3points

HATE Standing Broad Jump =(. I normally could jump 239cm which is 4points. Argh.
I NEED TO JUMP 243cm! Why so hard... pfft.

2.4km Run - 9.55 mins 5points but I need a 9.45 min timing.. At least I know I can break the 10min barrier everytime. I just need to keep improving and improving bit by bit.

I was unmotivated when I screwed up my Jumping. I could have probably 9.45mins for 2.4km if I was motivated. Sigh. This IPPT test is very crucial for me, I need a gold standard. Although there are a few more tests to go.. but they are choosing our Vocations this week already. There goes my ticket to go leader course. I only can pray they look through my old records and think I'm suitable. Else, I'll just pray they choose me as a medic then.

Oh did I tell you that I was the Platoon IC ( in-charge ) for this week? Tiring job. You need to have Class 95fm ears to hear only the good things, as everyone will make fun of you, give nasty comments everytime you fumble or make a mistake. You always have to be on the balls to prepare to rush downstairs to your Sergeants anytime they call you. You need to be alert and take note of the day's schedule, wake up and prepare 10minutes earlier than everyone so you can use the extra time to rush people to fall in. I don't like shouting or scolding. I'll just tell you nicely and shout only if the time is running short. Good thing my second IC is very cooperative and he helps out alot. Sometimes having people to always be obedient to you is quite an ego boost haha. Whatever I say, people must take it seriously and perform accordingly. It feels good to be the outstanding 2 marching by the side of the platoon too. Usually they will change IC every week, but I shall not ask for a change unless told so. Maybe I might even last as the IC until POP. That'll be quite an honour to give commands in the parade square infront of all the parents haha. But nah.. I'm sure my job is done by next week.

Next week will be a slightly easier week, with only IPPT tests to go for me, BAC test, Recruits Nights Out, Happy Hour.. it is the time to enjoy our remaining few days in BMT. I can't wait for POP. Firstly it marks the end of my recruit life, hopefully I'll be treated alittle better, I don't mind if the training is tougher, but being respected alittle more than a low-lifeform is still better.

I'll have 4 days break after POP.. I promise to make time to meet all of you guys then. Make some time for me too =), during 10th - 14th September.

Whisky just waltz into my room as I'm typing this.
I love my kitty cat so much I don't know why. She's not as affectionate as most pets, but the way she just walks around the house as if she's just spot checking on you. The way she runs away from you because she's so timid. The way she prefers your feet than your hands. The way she gives the blur look, her clean healthy fur, her paws and the way she jumps. She makes the house so much more livelier. As much as I miss hugging her to sleep and kissing her, she says she's too old for it. I still enjoy her presence, just looking at her gives me a smile that I can't resist.



This kid is a genius in yo-yo. I wish I have a talent in something. Maybe I haven't been exposed to many things, all I know I have to work hard in everything I do. Its not exciting. Thanks for teaching me how to swim today melmel. I know I kinda suck but I promise to learn swimming in a month's time at least. So we can swim together more often next time. Know that my love for you is ever growing, thank you for loving such a person like me. I'll make you proud someday too. I'll make my family and friends proud by earning this Red Beret. Promise.

Having some free time before I book in.. I just decided to take 1 picture of me in uniform.

No comments: