a. Guard Duty.
Glad to have a good buddy to work with so it made my duty less boring.
Pretty slack I must say. Sentry and prowling. Even managed to order mac.. LOL. But lack of sleep x.x.
b. Marsiling Field Camp.
Fwaaah. Not fun. Not funny. I'm glad they gave us this 2 days of Field Camp exposure so I can be better prepared for the 8 days field camp to come. I would probably died if I went straight for the 8 days field camp.
Digging shell scrape, building basha tent, first time firing blanks, day and night movement, hand signals and reaction to enemy fire training.
Had another guard duty on my first night ><. Deprived of more sleep again. So dark, prowling around is pretty useless la. Can't even see any further than like 15metres. On the 2nd day early in the morning we started our morning warm up. So dark and confusion everywhere. Then started our dreaded route march. 12km route march in Marsiling is no joke. You have to watch every step you take or there goes a ankle sprain or a trip over a branch. Each break seemed so freaking far away. The first 2.5km which I thought was 4km was already so exhausting. Many at times I wanted to fall out. But I told myself.. wtf.. some of the people around me are weaker than me.. I cannot lose to them.. theres no way I can be the first person to fall out. Sing songs, concentrate on breathing.. endure all the way. The first route march I actually am starting to show signs of surrender. To hell with the devil speaking in my mind to give up. This is nothing. This better be nothing. 72km route march is the ultimate goal. It is still too early to give in. Haha.. happy birthday to Guo Hao, he got our very special platoon 4 present.
Covered with insect repellent, kiwi and camou.. hahahha.. knocking it down everywhere because it's his fault that today is his birthday. hahah.. he was a good sport though =). Saw my very first smoke grenade on the day too. Pretty cool but kinda weak.
Field camp. I'll never forget the dirty feeling, smudgey camou all over my face, ant nest under my field pack pocket =.=. Leopard crawls leaving small scratches all around. Damn unhygienic la.. but bo pian. This is training for war. I can feel my combat fitness increasing. I'm very lucky I haven't gotten any rashes thus far. 8 days field camp.. I better do more powder bathes everyday. The last thing I want is to get severe rashes and get OOC. =(
c. Ultimate Detachment Challenge.
Ahh.. damn shagged already la! Events after events. But it was kinda fun.
1st station was Casualty Evacuation. Pretty alright since we all started out with alot of energy. 3 jerry cans on a stretcher - 1.5km around our camp.
2nd station was 50metres leopard crawl. LOOKS easy but NOT!! Omfg.. I was already out of strength at 25metres. Leopard crawling with field pack is not funny.
Left arm drag field pack, right arm rifle. Left right heave ho. Flat out.
3rd station was another 1km walk/run to the Rifle station. We had to strip, assemble our rifles and do our SPORE and IA stoppages. Its pretty easy la.
4th station fitness station. 200 pull ups, 400 push ups, 400 sit ups among our 15 people. I did around 40 pulls ups 30 push ups and 30 sit ups.. that's about it. I could do more but since everyone could contribute, I decided to conserve my energy.
5th station Route march. Waaaa... yesterday just did 12km now we going to do another 9km Route march. I was actually okay during the Route march.. but I didn't have the motivation to give my best. Since our detachment was already among the last groups.. all of us decided to take it slow and steady. Overall.. all though we had be slowed down.. I'm glad we all managed to stay together as a detachment and everyone completed the whole Ultimate Detachment Challenge together. =))
Had a dummy grenade throw afterwards.
d. Observation Parade and Parent's Engagement Talk.
Parade was just so boring la. Feel wanting to fall asleep In sedia position roflmao.
Parents engagement talk was just a total waste of time. I was so looking forward to Staff Kiran giving a interview session with my dad but in the end a Staff from another Platoon who has no idea of who we are giving us the interview. He just plainly read out my IPPT scores and made deductions from that. Might as well give me a report book and ask my parents to sign. Pftt.. Just glad I get to book out earlier la.. so look on the brighter side.
Oh well.. brace myself for the 8 days field camp to come.
get ready for... Exercise T h u n d e r s t o r m.
I'll either come back sobbing or with tear of joys that its all over..
10 September is my POP.
Then I probably can keep hair longer than this..
Dear mel.. the song playing in the background is for you.
See you in 2 weeks time..


No comments:
Post a Comment