Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Orientation Day.

I'll try to make this a quick one. Hopefully I'll try to blog more about my life in school. Today's the 2nd day, and it's our orientation and team building games day.

It's boring to put it plainly, compared to all the other orientation camps you hear about out there like NTU. But I'm glad we had this camp, I got the chance to talk to alot of people and also get to make lots of friends. I think by now at least 3/4 of my cohort know me.. thanks to my branding of "the Commando" and "Cow? Carl's junior?". Haha I guess it's not all that bad in the end. But the last thing I was is people disliking me for being a show off? Over friendly? Irritating? Fake? I don't know.. but honestly I try to help out in little ways and it seems like most of the people are friendly.

Now that I know a considerable amount of people, school seems to be a little bit more fun. At least I won't feel lonely anymore and its just nice to be known I guess. I hope this won't serve me as a distraction and rather help me in times when I need help from others. Actually, for once I don't mind volunteering to be a module rep if no one desires.. if that is, there's even such a position.

Girls. Hmm.. I also got to know some of the girls although seriously, I don't remember 3/4 of their names. Honestly, despite having more girls than guys in my class.. the number of lookable ones can be counted with my 2 hands or 1 if I'm being really picky. The prettiest girl in class to me, is a lass, after eavesdropping my friend's conversation. Hah. Seriously, I'm alittle dissapointed though, on the overall.

50% foreigners and 50% Singaporeans.. it's gonna be a interesting class though. It's really hard to tell who is a foreigner just by their looks, but after you talk to one.. it's really easy to identify.

I hope my lectures and tutorials will be interesting, afterall I am here to focus on my studies. All the best Carl!

No comments: