Saturday, November 8, 2008

As we get older..

As we get older.. I've learnt that..

It makes you feel like a loser if people keep taking advantage of you..
People more often than not, don't remember the things you've done for them..
Love fades in time to come..
Lies are really needed to achieve what you want..
The world is actually not a very friendly place..
Friends leave when they have their boyfriends/girlfriends..
We worry alot more due to responsibilities..
We try not to put ourselves into other people's problems because we already have our own..
Prices are going up..
Money is so DARN important..
Good parents and siblings will always stay by you..
There's actually alot of affairs going around..
Never be too early because people tend to come late some how or another..
You're always on your own, people can only advise you..
Love is seldom 100% on both sides..
Our bodies are getting weaker with old and recent injuries piling up..
You can't stop thinking about relationships..
There's alot of suffering around the world..
Technology are rapidly advancing, but sadly we're not in the age of time travel or teleportation..
How good a music is depends on how popular it is..
We're being pickier with our spouses..
Looks actually matter quite alot..
Life IS Unfair
There's a big difference in being in a Commando compared to Infantry..


When I went back to Pasir Ris camp last Thursday, it felt abit of a culture shock once again because of the tempo over there. I was initially quite happy that we were going back to Commando camp, it felt like I was going back home. But after awhile, I started to feel the difference. Feels like I've been already adjusted to the infantry kind of lifestyle and I wanted to go back to Nee Soon camp. Oh man.. but I guess this is why they they say Commandos require alot of mental power. You need to learn how to manage stress and at the same time perform your duties. I still want to be a Commando though. Looking on the bright side, if I can get through this, I can probably survive anywhere in the working world. As much as it is very tempting to try to down pes or chao keng to get out of course and take the easy way out in infantry.. but I will persevere. However often I wondered what if I went through Tekong BMT instead? I would have a good chance to enter OCS, or definitely into Sispec. I'd surely prayed I wouldn't go to Guards cause it'll be something like Commando training but low pay. Comparing a normal officer and a Commando, which one gains more respect? Of course Officer I guess. Commando would be something you'd do for yourself personally. For honour and glory.. I finally understood. At least being a Commando you'd have much more stories to share. Airborne, brunei, 72km route march, seeing how the best works. I was mentally prepared for this before, and I will not go back on my words. Grant me the strength to endure this all the way until I get the Red Beret. It's always tough in the beginning but I know things will get better in the future.















Jungle hat + SAR21 wooh!





An interesting video that captured my 10minutes of attention. Realize how true this is. Eyes reflect what you are thinking.

No comments: