I don't know how it began, but I started having a really high fever maxing out at 39.7 degrees. No matter how much I slept, rested, sponged and take medications.. my fever could not go lower than 39 degrees. That's bad, its possible I'd get brain damage if it continued. I didn't have any appetite the whole day. Whatever I ate, I felt like puking. Thankfully my stomach could manage to swallow fruits which I enjoyed.
Dinner time, my dad was kind enough to buy porridge, but he bought the wrong one. And it didnt taste nice frankly speaking. I could only manage a few mouthfuls, and then I suddenly felt I couldn't take it anymore, the uneasy feeling which I think is nausea was too much to bear. I needed to puke.. or force myself to. I got up from my seat, told mel I am going to the toilet to puke. As I was a few steps away from the sink, I passed out. What came from my dad in the living room was a thundering thud on the floor. Apparently I had fallen backwards and hit my head onto the floor pretty hard. Mel was behind me a few steps and couldn't catch me in time. She managed to get me conscious again by talking to me and I could only speak rubbish and repeat the questions she asked me. My family picked me up and walked me back to my bed. During the period before I reached the sink and until I got onto my bed, I had no recollection whatsoever. I didn't even remember my dad and maid was with me the whole time. I only regain full conscience after resting like 10minutes on my bed. My head was aching, I had a big balaku at the back of my head. It still kinda hurts now if I touch it.
11pm. Mel was getting worried, my temperature is showing no signs of improvements at all, we decided to go see a doctor. We could not find the source of the fever, and I could not be stubborn anymore. I have always thought going to the doctor is a waste of money and I never really believed in medications. I always believed in a good rest and recover naturally. I guess I was wrong. Mel called Justin if he was free to drive me to a 24hr clinic. I really thought she should have asked my dad though. I know my dad is more than willing. So Justin brought me to Blk 259 Bangkit road, I didn't realize I had a 24hr clinic so near my house, it would be so convenient in future I ever, touch wood, fall so ill again. Thank you so much my best friend, I owe you this one.
Doctor says I have throat infection as my throat is very red. It will surface today or tomorrow. No signs of it, and I do not feel any throat pain or dryness. But the fever and headache pills was a god damn lifesaver. I recovered almost instantly after 1 hour. I felt so much better, even my spirits were livened. I was in like a semi-zombie mode for the whole day and it was horrible. The pain and cold. Sweating and achings. The only feeling now I still have is dizzyness. Probably from the concussion. My appetite is slightly better now too. But I can't finish a regular meal still.
It was my first time having such a high fever. It was my first time ever fainting.
Lessons learnt? I think I should stop thinking my body is as strong as before. Learn to detect early signs of symptoms and get early treatments if possible.
Last but not least, I've grown to love my girlfriend even more now.
She's the only one who've been through all my 3 parade in army. POP, Red Beret and ORD.
She stuck with me throughout my entire army life, they say those girls that stay are hard to find.
During yesterday's incident, she took care of me like nobody would. She stayed by my side throughout. Constantly sponging me and putting wet towels on my forehead every now and then. Damn I feel so lucky and blessed to have a nurse as a girlfriend. She even cooked for me and took the initiative to bring me to the doctor.
Thank you so much, you are more than I could ever ask for.
I hope I can repay your love in some way in future,
but til then.. I'll always cherish our love.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment