C-130
C-130 rolling down the street,
Airborne rangers take a little trip,
Stand Up, Hook up, Shuffle to the door.
Jump right up by the count of four,
Airborne, Ranger, Airborne, Commando!
If my main doesn't open wide,
I have another one by my side,
If this one doesn't open too,
I'll be in for a jolly good ride.
Airborne, Ranger, Airborne, Commando!
If I land in a Russian Front,
Bury me with a Russian Gun,
If I die in the Vietnam War.
Box me up and Send me home,
Airborne, Ranger, Airborne, Commando!
Tell my mum I've done my best,
Silver wings upon my chest,
Tell my girl I've done my best,
Now it's time for me to rest,
Airborne, Ranger, Airborne, Commando!
04/12/08 was the start of my BAC - Basic Airborne Course. I was excited of course, I couldn't wait to experience the feeling of free falling in the air and then getting my wings. But before I actually get to jump we have to undergo special training. After the friendly welcoming opening lecture, before I knew it, I was back into the commando lifestyle of training. Doubling up where ever we go, shouting at the top of our voices, being shouted at also, high tempo and shagness. Show no signs of weakness or make any mistakes, that's the kind of mental stress we have; fear. Fear can be a good thing, it ensures that we take our job seriously and correctly, but if you cannot overcome it, it'll be your downfall.
Training focuses alot on drills and protocols. Our first day of training was intensive, all of us were so glad that the next day was the start of our long weekend.. dang that day felt so looong! Station after station, only given about 10minutes break and an hour to have our meals.. we were so shagged out at the end of the day. Someone lied to me that airborne course was relak pfft.. but at the end of the day.. I think I actually kinda enjoyed myself. Other than the way they scold and treat us, I thought breakfalling, hanging on the rotational flight trainer, practicing our jumps and landing was all an interesting experience. We had almost learnt half of the things required to do our jumps on the first day.. but still alot of practice needs to be done. It may seem quite simple learn, but all the steps have to be memorized and executed in order flawlessly. Any mistakes.. well.. we'll get fucked and mocked at lol. I am actually humored by how creative and sarcastic our PJI are at scolding us. When others get scolded.. everyone would laugh at them.. when you get scolded.. well everyone laughs at you lol.
At the end of the day was really admin time, we have nights out almost everyday as there are no training in the evenings. I'm some what glad to be back in training some how.. suffering together.. at the end of the day.. we all talk about it and rejoice that its over. Friday was our Commando 39th's anniversary.. people from all over the Commando units gathered on this very grand occasion.. SOF - Special Operations Force, CRF - Commando Regular Force, Commando HQ, SOTAC, CDO TI and so on. I just sat on the grand stand in awe of how big the Commando family is and everyone seems so fit and capable. In a way I feel belittled but at the same time I'm proud to be part of the family. Today when I came back home.. I met one of my neighbors who just R.O.D from his Commando re-service.. it felt like we have so much in common and like the brother hood was formed immediately. Its hard to describe that feeling.. but it's something like you meet someone who actually understands and been through the hardships you did before. Respects to him.. he was a Section Commander.. damn I feel like a punyling in Commando. Just a corporal all my life.. quite unglam sial haha. Oh well.. For Honour and Glory!
p.s. you're still the one you know that, i'll be cherishing this month.. you really know how to make me smile.. brighter than sunshine
Sunday, December 7, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment