Thursday, May 20, 2010

< 3 DAD

Nothing drives me more crazy than a spoilt computer. MY Computer.
Gosh my com is like a drug.
Without it at home I feel so lost.
Knowing it can't even work when I want it to, makes me even more insane.

But dad, somehow I knew I could count on you on such things.
Hardware stuffs.
I guess I'm only good at the software level.
You're an engineer afterall.. you probably know more than me.

When my monitor died, I thought that's it, my com is going to the mechanic.
So troublesome have to bring it all the way to sim lim.
I didn't do anything drastic.. all I did was to play some music after 1 whole week of inactivity.
Can't be that bad?? Like my monitor went blank all of the sudden after 1 hour.
I was literally pulling my hair out inside.

but my dad.
He was so calm.

"Oh why don't we connect it to my TV LCD screen n test it out?"
"Then we'll connect it to my laptop to see if its the monitor's fault."

Finally when we decided it was the CPU's fault.

"Lets replug in all the device cards into their slots."

We even had some problems even removing the CPU casing.
But my dad knows it all.
He never gave up.
He put his all into helping as if it was his passion.
Maybe it was? Fixing things.

I went ballistic.
After 1 hour, my computer is back up and running.
And the first thing I wanna do is to DotA with friends.

of course.. I really wanted to give my dad a kiss and a hug.
But all I said was,

Thanks Daddy.

1 comment:

Luficius said...

LOL!! NOOB! Lucky you have your dad who knows abit of tech stuff... If not, lol, sim lim or whatever help you could think of.. But then again, theres still me around XD